Life & Peak Performance
[su_youtube_advanced url=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/7ckq5rNTA_o” autohide=”no” https=”yes” class=”item-youtube”]
If you are curious what phone coaching is and what it can do for you, let me explain how it works. Since most of my clients are located throughout the world, most of them I will never have the honor of meeting in person.
Human beings have six primary human needs: 1) Certainty – Things we can count on for sure (we have a roof over our head, money to pay our bills, food to survive, etc.) 2) Variety 3) Significance (we matter and are important) 4) Love and Connection 5) Growth (grow and evolve as a human being) and 6) Contribution (contributing to and making the lives of others better, when we focus on this need all the other 5 are met at the same time).
Everything we do in life is either directly or indirectly meeting our six human needs. Many times in a very dysfunctional and unhealthy way. Here’s the process:
1) Client explains their situation and problems/challenges as they see them
2) What I do is listen for subtle clues that give away limiting beliefs, self-sabotaging actions, etc.
3) Help client identify what is most important to them and what they want to achieve.
4) Listen for the clients “model of the world” which is how they relate to and the way they look at the world. Einstein once said… we have one fundamental question that we as human beings must answer for ourselves. “Do I live in a friendly or a hostile universe?”
5) By using the power of questions, I gently lead the client towards identifying what is most important to them and help them set their goals and action plan.
6) Ongoing phone coaching enables me to help them along the journey to achieving their goals by holding them accountable and helping them thru their challenges.
As I listen for clues during phone coaching sessions, I can pickup up things such as where a client has a limiting belief that is in conflict with one of their goals. Most of the time people can not see where their own limiting beliefs make it impossible for them to achieve their goals. I help them see where they are sabotaging their own success so they can then create a new empowering belief system and world view that supports attainment of their goals.
That is why we all need coaches. Coaches see what we can’t. Great coaches help us push right up to and thru our own limitations. We are ALWAYS capable of more than we think when we really push ourselves.
Human beings will do more to avoid pain than they will do to gain pleasure. So what I do quite literally, is help people identify their own limiting beliefs and then change their “story” and help them create a new empowering and positive belief system that will give them emotional leverage to make it easy to break thru their own limitations and make their greatest dreams a reality.
[su_post field=”post_content” post_id=”22706″]
[su_post field=”post_content” post_id=”22704″]
[su_post field=”post_content” post_id=”22698″]